6 Tips to Clean & Maintain Epoxy Flooring - T.W. Hicks
T.W. Hicks Inc. is a leader in commercial flooring, located in Denton and San Antonio, TX. We specialize in durable, high quality flooring for any industrial space.
Epoxy flooring is one of the most popular flooring solutions available for commercial use, and with just a little routine maintenance and care, epoxy flooring can last for years to come. Follow these simple tips for properly cleaning and maintaining your epoxy flooring:
Cleaning Epoxy Flooring
· Minor Spills: Use a soft cloth to soak up any minor spills, grease, or other liquid that may get on the floor. If the spill leaves a film on the floor, spray a little Windex on it and wipe clean.
· Heavily Soiled Floors: First, sweep any loose debris from the floor. Then, use a hard foam mop (not a string mop!), your favorite cleaning solution, and hot water. We’ve found that mixing 4-5 oz. of ammonia per gallon of water is a great cleaning solution – not to mention very cost effective.
· Rust: Use a little Soft Scrub brand cleaner, along with a basic kitchen scrubbing pad. Scrub gently until the stain is removed. Do NOT use abrasive cleaners, as they will deteriorate the epoxy coating.
· Sweep over the floor with a dust mop on a routine basis, or any time you see loose particles on the floor. If the floor is coated with an aggressive anti-slip agent, then use a soft bristle push broom instead.
· Regularly hose off your floors and squeegee dry. Do NOT use citrus-based or soap-based cleaners on the industrial epoxy flooring. It will dull the surface and can also make it slippery to walk on.
· At least every 3 months, do a heavy cleaning per the instructions above.
Looking to install new industrial epoxy flooring in Texas? Give T.W. Hicks a call today!